- 1 How much does it cost to epoxy 2 car garage?
- 2 Is it worth it to epoxy garage floor?
- 3 How long do epoxy garage floors last?
- 4 How much does it cost to epoxy a garage floor?
- 5 What is the best garage floor coating?
- 6 Can I Epoxy my garage floor myself?
- 7 What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
- 8 Should I paint or epoxy My garage floor?
- 9 What is the benefit of epoxy garage floor?
- 10 Is it hard to epoxy garage floor?
- 11 Can you do epoxy flooring yourself?
- 12 How do you maintain an epoxy garage floor?
- 13 Is epoxy floor slippery?
- 14 How much does a gallon of epoxy cost?
How much does it cost to epoxy 2 car garage?
Epoxy Garage Floor Cost An epoxy based concrete coating for a 2 – car garage floor will cost between $1,320 and $3,080 with most homeowners spending about $1,711 when professionally applied. The price to coat an existing concrete floor is ranges from $3 to $7 per square foot including labor and materials.
Is it worth it to epoxy garage floor?
Is It Worth It To Epoxy Your Garage Floor? Epoxy is durable, easy to clean, and protects the concrete substrate of your garage floor. It is also a highly affordable flooring solution. If you are looking to renovate and protect your garage floor, epoxy is worth it.
How long do epoxy garage floors last?
Epoxy floors are easy to clean and durable; epoxy can last 5 to 10 years in a residential garage. “ Epoxy flooring protects the concrete from salts and some solvents,” says Jim Muzzillo Jr., one of the owners of Northwest Floor Care in Elk Grove Village, Ill.
How much does it cost to epoxy a garage floor?
Typical Epoxy Flooring Costs Having a professional install an epoxy floor over the existing slab in your garage typically costs between $3 and $12 per square foot. A one-car garage is usually about 250 square feet and can cost between $750 to $3,000, depending on the type of coating.
What is the best garage floor coating?
Here are our top recommendations.
- Best Paint Kit: Rust-Oleum RockSolid Polycuramine Garage Floor Kit.
- Best Value: KILZ One-Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior Concrete and Garage Floor Paint.
- Best Epoxy Kit: Colored Epoxies 1002 Clear Epoxy Resin Coating.
- Best Concrete Sealer: Siloxa-Tek Penetrating Concrete Sealer.
Can I Epoxy my garage floor myself?
Epoxy garage floors are a great DIY project you can do to spruce up your home. Epoxy will make your floors look nice, clean up easily, and give your garage a finished look. You must spend the time to properly clean and prep your garage. If you do, the end results will be fantastic.
What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Strong toxic fumes.
- Epoxy takes long to harden completely.
- Temporary flooring solution.
- Cracks and Chips on high impact areas.
- Very Slippery when Wet.
- Tedious installation process.
- Complex Removal Procedure.
- Costly Maintenance.
Should I paint or epoxy My garage floor?
If you’re going to go with garage floor paint over other types of coatings, the clear winner is epoxy garage floor paint over latex acrylic. For not much more than about $10 per gallon, you get much longer and stronger durability.
What is the benefit of epoxy garage floor?
Extremely robust and durable – Epoxy garage floors are exceptionally resilient and durable, so they can withstand heavy equipment and machinery and high traffic. The epoxy coating is also very tough against impacts, stains, cracks, chemicals and surface abrasions.
Is it hard to epoxy garage floor?
Garage floor epoxy flooring is a tough, long-lasting coating that you paint onto the concrete. However, the reality of this challenging project is, one, not all concrete floors will hold epoxy floor coatings, and two, preparing concrete for epoxy floor coatings can be labor intensive and tedious.
Can you do epoxy flooring yourself?
There’s nothing difficult about applying epoxy floor coatings —it’s almost as simple as rolling paint on a wall or across a porch floor. But before you begin, you need to thoroughly clean and patch the floor to be coated.
How do you maintain an epoxy garage floor?
The best way to clean up a dirty epoxy floor is as follows: Sweep and vacuum the entire area carefully. Remove all items in the way to get to the floor. Once you have removed all the surface dirt, grime, and grit, use a hard foam mop and warm/hot water to get rid of all the built-up dirt.
Is epoxy floor slippery?
Epoxy flooring isn’t as slippery as it looks and it’s easy to add a skid-resistant additive to the topcoat to make the floor very safe, even when wet. Without a nonslip additive, epoxy flooring can become very slippery when wet, especially with oil spills.
How much does a gallon of epoxy cost?
The water-based epoxy costs begin around $30-$50 per gallon, while 100% solid or solvent-based epoxy costs $45 to $150 per gallon. Additionally, thicker coatings can require additional gallons of epoxy compared to thinner paint for the same square footage.