- 1 What do you need to make glitter tumblers?
- 2 What do you need to make epoxy tumblers?
- 3 Can you add glitter to epoxy?
- 4 Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
- 5 Can you use a hair dryer on epoxy?
- 6 Do I need to sand between coats of epoxy?
- 7 What is the best epoxy for tumblers?
- 8 What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
- 9 How long does it take for epoxy to dry on a tumbler?
- 10 Can you make money making tumblers?
- 11 How much glitter do you add to epoxy?
What do you need to make glitter tumblers?
Supplies for Making Glitter Tumblers with Epoxy
- Stainless Steel Tumbler ( I used a 20oz)
- Spray Paint.
- Painters Tape.
- Mod Podge.
- Silicone Brushes.
- Fine Glitter.
- Clear Coat Spray.
- Epoxy (Both A and B parts)
What do you need to make epoxy tumblers?
Minimal Supplies Needed to Make an Epoxy Glitter Tumbler
- Cup turner.
- Disposable Gloves.
- Popsicle Sticks.
- Medicine Cups.
- Mod Podge (Hard Coat or Dishwasher Safe)
Can you add glitter to epoxy?
If you are wondering WHEN to add glitter to epoxy resin, there are no rules. Adding glitter to resin during the mixing of the resin will integrate glitter throughout that pour. To do this, you will mix the resin with the hardener, add colorant (or leave it clear), and mix it well.
Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
Make sure to remove the tape before the Mod Podge dries! There you have it! A way to make a decorated Yeti cup or Ozark tumbler without having to use epoxy. As you can see from the pictures, it’s not as smooth as epoxy but it still works and actually has a nice texture to it!
Can you use a hair dryer on epoxy?
Can you use a hair dryer on epoxy? In short, YES a torch is the best tool to get rid of bubbles in epoxy resin. A hair dryer or heat gun doesn’t get hot enough to remove bubbles efficiently and can blow dust all over your wet resin.
Do I need to sand between coats of epoxy?
When putting down multiple layers of epoxy for any project, you want to be sure each layer properly bonds with the previous layer. This is why it is best to sand between each layer.
What is the best epoxy for tumblers?
This are the Best Epoxy Resins for Tumblers
- High Quality Epoxy Resin: Pro Marine ProArt Resin.
- Review: Art N Glow Casting Resin.
- Recommendable Epoxy Resin: Envirotex Lite.
- Metal Tumblers.
- Plastic Tumblers.
- Glass & Ceramic Tumblers.
- Preparation is Key.
- Mixing and applying the Epoxy to your Tumbler.
What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
Are There Any Alternatives to Epoxy if You Want to Make Tumblers?
- Crystalac (a water-based polyeurethane)
- Clear Diamond Finish (a clear urethane)
- 2K Clear Glamour Clear Coat (a spray urethane)
How long does it take for epoxy to dry on a tumbler?
Usually, it takes around 72 hours to fully cure the epoxy. Whatever the dry time, the resin should be allowed to fully cure before attempting to move or sand it.
Can you make money making tumblers?
Making custom mugs and tumblers is a great home business because you only need a few things to get started, the business model has low overhead, and you get to be creative and make products that make people smile!
How much glitter do you add to epoxy?
TIP: Though some may disagree, there is actually such a thing as too much glitter! Whenever incorporating any additive, whether it be glitter, a liquid colorant or a powdered pigment, always remember the 6% rule: that is, don’t add more than 6% of the total combined volume of resin and hardener combined.