- 1 Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
- 2 What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
- 3 How do you seal glitter on glass without epoxy?
- 4 Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
- 5 What can be used instead of epoxy?
- 6 What is a good sealer for glitter?
- 7 What is the best epoxy to use for tumblers?
- 8 How do you make glitter tumblers with epoxy?
- 9 Can I use hairspray to seal glitter on glass?
- 10 What is the best glue for putting glitter on glass?
- 11 Can I use Mod Podge to seal glitter on glass?
- 12 Does Modge Podge dry clear on glitter?
- 13 What works better than Mod Podge?
- 14 Does Mod Podge dry clear on paper?
Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
Make sure to remove the tape before the Mod Podge dries! There you have it! A way to make a decorated Yeti cup or Ozark tumbler without having to use epoxy. As you can see from the pictures, it’s not as smooth as epoxy but it still works and actually has a nice texture to it!
What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
Are There Any Alternatives to Epoxy if You Want to Make Tumblers?
- Crystalac (a water-based polyeurethane)
- Clear Diamond Finish (a clear urethane)
- 2K Clear Glamour Clear Coat (a spray urethane)
How do you seal glitter on glass without epoxy?
How to Seal Glitter with Mod Podge
- Before you begin, tap off any excess glitter.
- Apply a coat of decoupage medium to the project with a foam brush.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat of decoupage medium to the project.
- Wait 24 hours, and your glitter is sealed!
Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
It works as a sealant to your projects, you can gluwork your project with some classic mod podge and then use the Super Gloss over the top. So it gives you a very shiny, clear finish that looks like epoxy.
What can be used instead of epoxy?
Usually, hard plaster or concrete can be used as casting materials instead of epoxy resin.
What is a good sealer for glitter?
If you are going to seal the glitter, use a very clear and glossy spray like Krylon Triple Thick Glaze, or a crystal clear liquid like Envirotex Lite. Both of these sealers will protect your glitter indoors and outdoors.
What is the best epoxy to use for tumblers?
This are the Best Epoxy Resins for Tumblers
- High Quality Epoxy Resin: Pro Marine ProArt Resin.
- Review: Art N Glow Casting Resin.
- Recommendable Epoxy Resin: Envirotex Lite.
- Metal Tumblers.
- Plastic Tumblers.
- Glass & Ceramic Tumblers.
- Preparation is Key.
- Mixing and applying the Epoxy to your Tumbler.
How do you make glitter tumblers with epoxy?
- Wash tumbler.
- Apply tape to top (and bottom – optional).
- Spray paint the tumbler if needed. Let dry.
- Apply a layer of mod podge with long even strokes.
- Dump glitter all over while you are turning the tumbler so the mod podge is all covered.
- Remove tape.
- Let dry fully (over night).
- Time to epoxy.
Can I use hairspray to seal glitter on glass?
Hairspray is a fantastic option for sealing glitter on fabric! To seal the glass with more glue, use your large paintbrush to paint on another layer of glue over the glitter. Then, let the glass dry for at least an hour.
What is the best glue for putting glitter on glass?
Glue: Mod-podge gloss glue works the best for this, however 3 parts of PVA glue mixed with 1 part water also works. There are many varieties of the mod-podge glue, including a dishwasher safe version, so it might be worth doing your research to see which works best for you.
Can I use Mod Podge to seal glitter on glass?
Painting with Glitter Mod Podge This method of adding and sealing glitter onto glass is quick and easy. You can use this glitter paint for glass and many other surfaces. For this project, you will need: Your favorite glitter in any shape and thickness.
Does Modge Podge dry clear on glitter?
Mod Podge does dry clear, allowing you to fully see any paper or material you have mod podged onto. The Mod Podge matte product will dry clear with a matte finish, meaning it is not shiny. The Mod Podge Gloss, however, will add a layer of sheen to your project.
What works better than Mod Podge?
The verdict: you can use Elmer’s Glue to decoupage. The finish seems less shiny than Mod Podge, but I like it. A spray of clear laquer will help protect it, but you’ll still want to keep it out of the weather.
Does Mod Podge dry clear on paper?
Let me give you the short answer to the question “ does Mod Podge dry clear?”: YES! Mod Podge looks milky in the bottle, but when applied properly, it dries completely clear.