- 1 How much epoxy do I need for garage floor?
- 2 Should I prime my garage floor before epoxy?
- 3 Is water based epoxy good for garage floors?
- 4 How much does it cost to epoxy 2 car garage floor?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
- 6 Is it worth it to epoxy garage floor?
- 7 Should I paint or epoxy My garage floor?
- 8 How do I prep my garage floor for epoxy?
- 9 Can you epoxy half the garage floor at a time?
- 10 What is the best garage floor coating?
- 11 How long will an epoxy garage floor last?
- 12 Can you epoxy a garage floor yourself?
- 13 How much does it cost to epoxy a single car garage?
- 14 Does epoxy garage floor increase home value?
How much epoxy do I need for garage floor?
Typical three-car garage: Measuring 600 to 800 square feet, two (2) three-gallon kits will be required. If the garage has a relatively new, smooth and flaw-free floor, two (2) kits can cover 900 square feet. For older or worn substrates, we recommend the purchase of an additional 1.5-gallon kit.
Should I prime my garage floor before epoxy?
One of the most common questions I get with epoxy floors is if it is necessary to prime the floor before applying the epoxy floor coat. The right primer will guarantee better adhesion of your floor coats to the substrate. It will give your floor a longer life and will reduce the risk of the coat chipping or breaking.
Is water based epoxy good for garage floors?
The AWF Water Based Epoxy is a simple, no-odor, high-solids, garage floor epoxy. We like the product because with a 4-hour pot life, there is no rush in the application process. Because the product is water based, as opposed to solvent based, it is easy to clean up and does not stink.
How much does it cost to epoxy 2 car garage floor?
An epoxy based concrete coating for a 2 – car garage floor will cost between $1,320 and $3,080 with most homeowners spending about $1,711 when professionally applied. The price to coat an existing concrete floor is ranges from $3 to $7 per square foot including labor and materials.
What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Strong toxic fumes.
- Epoxy takes long to harden completely.
- Temporary flooring solution.
- Cracks and Chips on high impact areas.
- Very Slippery when Wet.
- Tedious installation process.
- Complex Removal Procedure.
- Costly Maintenance.
Is it worth it to epoxy garage floor?
Is It Worth It To Epoxy Your Garage Floor? Epoxy is durable, easy to clean, and protects the concrete substrate of your garage floor. It is also a highly affordable flooring solution. If you are looking to renovate and protect your garage floor, epoxy is worth it.
Should I paint or epoxy My garage floor?
If you’re going to go with garage floor paint over other types of coatings, the clear winner is epoxy garage floor paint over latex acrylic. For not much more than about $10 per gallon, you get much longer and stronger durability.
How do I prep my garage floor for epoxy?
- Clean and Degrease the Floor. Use a broom and wet-dry vacuum to clean debris from the floor.
- Etch the Concrete. Etch the concrete floor using the etching solution provided in the epoxy coating kit, following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Prepare the Room.
- Mix the Epoxy.
- Apply the Epoxy.
- Let the Garage Floor Dry.
Can you epoxy half the garage floor at a time?
The short answer is yes, you can. Just remember though, that while many people have had good success doing it this way, the majority of failed garage floor coatings are a result of poor floor preparation which involved inadequate etching of the concrete and/or lack of an epoxy primer..
What is the best garage floor coating?
Here are our top recommendations.
- Best Paint Kit: Rust-Oleum RockSolid Polycuramine Garage Floor Kit.
- Best Value: KILZ One-Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior Concrete and Garage Floor Paint.
- Best Epoxy Kit: Colored Epoxies 1002 Clear Epoxy Resin Coating.
- Best Concrete Sealer: Siloxa-Tek Penetrating Concrete Sealer.
How long will an epoxy garage floor last?
Epoxy floors are easy to clean and durable; epoxy can last 5 to 10 years in a residential garage.
Can you epoxy a garage floor yourself?
Introduction. After years of use and abuse, garage floors can get pretty nasty. Epoxy coating the floor is not only an easy weekend DIY but it is also a great way to help keep your work zone inviting and clean for years to come.
How much does it cost to epoxy a single car garage?
Typical Epoxy Flooring Costs Having a professional install an epoxy floor over the existing slab in your garage typically costs between $3 and $12 per square foot. A one- car garage is usually about 250 square feet and can cost between $750 to $3,000, depending on the type of coating.
Does epoxy garage floor increase home value?
Garage Flooring Can Increase Your Homes Value More Than Any Other Flooring. Adding professionally applied epoxy garage flooring is a good example of a top home improvement that is cost-effective. It will add to the beauty of your garage, but also to the value of your home.