- 1 What is needed to make epoxy cups?
- 2 What kind of epoxy is used for tumblers?
- 3 Is it safe to epoxy Starbucks cups?
- 4 Can you epoxy plastic tumblers?
- 5 What is better for tumblers epoxy or resin?
- 6 What can be used instead of epoxy?
- 7 Is resin the same as epoxy?
- 8 What epoxy is food safe?
- 9 How do you cover a cup with epoxy?
- 10 How long do you turn epoxy tumbler?
- 11 Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
What is needed to make epoxy cups?
Supplies for Making Glitter Tumblers with Epoxy
- Stainless Steel Tumbler ( I used a 20oz)
- Spray Paint.
- Painters Tape.
- Mod Podge.
- Silicone Brushes.
- Fine Glitter.
- Clear Coat Spray.
- Epoxy (Both A and B parts)
What kind of epoxy is used for tumblers?
Heat resistance: Choose heat resistant epoxy for tumblers. Normally, tumblers use epoxy resins that are cured with heat. Odor: Typically, it becomes difficult to work with resins that have a strong odor. Choose epoxy resins that are easier to work with.
Is it safe to epoxy Starbucks cups?
And to get that pretty glass-like coating on our tumblers, we have to measure out an equal portion of both A side and B side and mix them together carefully ourselves. But once fully cured, epoxy is considered safe and is classified as a non-hazardous material.
Can you epoxy plastic tumblers?
Can you do Epoxy on plastic tumblers? Epoxy resin does not adhere to plastic and can peel off in time. If your tumbler has a small amount of plastic on it, you can cover it with a plastic -compatible spray paint to give the resin something to hang onto.
What is better for tumblers epoxy or resin?
Metal Tumblers When using a metal tumbler, Stainless Steel is the best bet for applying resin to your tumbler. The Epoxy Resin adheres better to the Stainless Steel than any other metal and it does not need a coat of paint.
What can be used instead of epoxy?
Usually, hard plaster or concrete can be used as casting materials instead of epoxy resin.
Is resin the same as epoxy?
Technically, there is no difference because epoxy is a resin. However, there are three different resins commonly deployed in DIY projects: epoxy resin, casting resin, and polyester resin, each with unique properties. Also important to note, epoxy resin and epoxy glue are different products.
What epoxy is food safe?
The MAX CLR A/B Epoxy Resin is an FDA Compliant coating system suitable for direct food contact. It is in accordance with CFR Title 21, Part 175.300, and 175.105 for direct and indirect food contact as a resinous adhesive or coatings. MAX CLR A/B is mixed 2:1 and provides 45 minutes of working time.
How do you cover a cup with epoxy?
- Wash tumbler.
- Apply tape to top (and bottom – optional).
- Spray paint the tumbler if needed. Let dry.
- Apply a layer of mod podge with long even strokes.
- Dump glitter all over while you are turning the tumbler so the mod podge is all covered.
- Remove tape.
- Let dry fully (over night).
- Time to epoxy.
How long do you turn epoxy tumbler?
Once the entire surface has been evenly covered, allow it to turn until it is dry to the touch, within 18-24 hours. Once dry, remove the tape and allow it to finish curing. At 72 hours, it will have fully cured.
Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
Make sure to remove the tape before the Mod Podge dries! There you have it! A way to make a decorated Yeti cup or Ozark tumbler without having to use epoxy. As you can see from the pictures, it’s not as smooth as epoxy but it still works and actually has a nice texture to it!