- 1 How do you seal a quadrajet well plug?
- 2 What are quadrajet well plugs?
- 3 How much does it cost to rebuild a quadrajet?
- 4 How many CFM is a quadrajet?
- 5 What is a Quadrajet carburetor?
- 6 Is a quadrajet worth rebuilding?
- 7 Are quadrajet carburetors any good?
- 8 How much horsepower can a quadrajet support?
- 9 How do I know if my quadrajet is 800 cfm?
- 10 How do you decode a quadrajet?
- 11 How tall is a quadrajet carb?
How do you seal a quadrajet well plug?
Coat the screws with JB-Weld, and screw them into the drilled plugs. This will positively seal the wells, and they will never start leaking again.
What are quadrajet well plugs?
Our Part # 1743. Proudly made in the USA! Plug effectively seals the secondary metering wells, preventing fuel leakage.
How much does it cost to rebuild a quadrajet?
A decent rebuild will cost you about $70 bucks or so. $35 for the rebuild parts and $30 or so for a good book to tell you how to do it.
How many CFM is a quadrajet?
Quadrajets can range anywhere in between 600 and 800 CFM. Most are rated 750 CFM or higher. Quadrajets are used by many GM street car enthusiasts; however, they are also disliked by just about as many.
What is a Quadrajet carburetor?
The Quadrajet is a “spread bore” carburetor; the primary venturis are much smaller than the secondary venturis. Most Quadrajets use a vacuum operated piston to move the primary metering rods to control the air-fuel ratio, allowing the mixture to be lean under low load conditions and rich during high load conditions.
Is a quadrajet worth rebuilding?
Yes, They Are Worth It.
Are quadrajet carburetors any good?
The truth is, a properly tuned Quadrajet can be just as efficient and reliable as a bolt-on substitute performance carburetor. And because they were used on so many original-equipment applications, they are readily available from many used parts suppliers at a very reasonable cost.
How much horsepower can a quadrajet support?
Re: How much hp can a quadrajet support? most decent quadrajets are about 10 to 15 hp shy of a good holley on a motor like your talking, and they lose another 10 or so more with an aircleaner. The ones that make big numbers on SS cars are big $$$. at 500hp and above the fuel capacity of the bowl becomes an issue.
How do I know if my quadrajet is 800 cfm?
When looking through the primaries, if you see a pronounced bulge protruding from the side of the wall surface, you have an 800 cfm carburetor. The primary wall of the 750 cfm unit does not have this bulge, and is consistent throughout. In the early ’80s, GM incorporated electronic connections to the Quadrajet.
How do you decode a quadrajet?
How to Decode Rochester Quadrajet Carburetor Numbers
- Check the first three digits.
- The next digit identifies the exact production year.
- The next digit indicates the carburetor model.
- The next-to-last number in the set is the division: “0,” “1” and “2” are for Chevrolet, “4” is for Buick, “5” is for Oldsmobile, and “6” or “7” is for Pontiac.
How tall is a quadrajet carb?
Two said the height was around 3-3/8″ and the post above at 3-1/4″. The gasket that was originally on the bottom of the carb may have been pretty thick. A couple of sources noted it was 0.250″ or 1/4″ thick. The cowl induction spacer is 1-7/8″ tall.