- 1 Where can I buy Smiths clear penetrating epoxy sealer?
- 2 What is clear penetrating epoxy sealer?
- 3 How do you use clear penetrating epoxy sealer?
- 4 How do you use Cpes?
- 5 Can you soak wood in epoxy?
- 6 How do you make penetrating epoxy?
- 7 How do you seal with epoxy?
- 8 Is epoxy the same as resin?
- 9 What is the best way to seal plywood?
- 10 What is a penetrating epoxy?
- 11 What is penetrating epoxy used for?
- 12 How many coats of Cpes are there?
- 13 Can you paint over Cpes?
- 14 What does Cpes stand for?
Where can I buy Smiths clear penetrating epoxy sealer?
CPES ™ ( Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer ) and Smith’s Epoxy Fill-it™ are sold on Amazon exclusively by TIMBERCRAFT™.
What is clear penetrating epoxy sealer?
Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer ™ ( CPES ™) consists of a tough, flexible resin system in a solvent blend which dissolves the sap, oil and moisture found in wood. The resin system is derived from natural wood resin and develops a chemical adhesive bond to the wood fibers themselves.
How do you use clear penetrating epoxy sealer?
Apply by brush, solvent-resistant roller, sprayer, or inject by syringe until wood is completely saturated and will accept no more epoxy. Allow approximately 1–3 days for solvents to evaporate before applying paints, urethanes, varnishes, Fill-It™ Epoxy Filler or regular epoxy resin (see cure time chart below).
How do you use Cpes?
Apply CPES slowly and methodically to the wood until no more will soak into one area. This is all done at one time, keeping the wood wet until no more soaks in. Brushing is the most practical method of application for individual projects.
Can you soak wood in epoxy?
Straight epoxy should soak into the wood enough to seal it and keep it from getting wet, but won’t add much if any structural value. Cutting your epoxy with solvents is unlikely to work too well; it may thin the resin, but it’ ll also weaken it, defeating the purpose.
How do you make penetrating epoxy?
Pour parts A & B at a 2:1 mix ratio into mixing cups. Mix parts A & B into one mixing cup and stir for 2-5 minutes. For more penetration into the wood add 50% lacquer thinner or denatured alcohol and mix together. Using a cup or a syringe, pour or inject the epoxy to damaged or rotted area.
How do you seal with epoxy?
- Sand the project.
- Remove all dust from the project with tack cloth.
- Place newspapers or a drop cloth underneath the project.
- Pour epoxy resin and hardener into a clean coffee can.
- Apply epoxy using a bristle brush.
- Check for runs or dry spots as you paint.
- Allow project to cure for 24 hours in a dust-free room.
Is epoxy the same as resin?
The most noticeable difference between these two compounds is their intended use. The Epoxy Coating Resin is intended for coating surface applications, while the Casting Resin is used mainly for jewelry, molds or figurines.
What is the best way to seal plywood?
- Sand all sides of the plywood using 80-grit sandpaper.
- Repeat sanding with 120-grit sandpaper.
- Apply sanding sealer in even brush strokes to coat the surface of the wood, using a clean paintbrush.
- Use 120-grit sandpaper again to lightly sand the sealed surface.
- Apply a final coat of sanding sealer and allow to dry.
What is a penetrating epoxy?
The term ‘ penetrating ‘ epoxy is rather vague. Usually it means an epoxy resin with a lot of solvent added. the solvent(s) soak or penetrate into the wood or whatever taking with it some of the epoxy. If solvent or water will not soak very far into your surface, the solvent thinned epoxy will not either.
What is penetrating epoxy used for?
TotalBoat Penetrating Epoxy has an easy-to- use, 2-part, low-viscosity formula that penetrates deeply to stop active rot, bonding the surrounding wood to the rotten wood to solidify it. It also seals, preserves, & protects hard and soft woods from mold, mildew, and salt damage.
How many coats of Cpes are there?
Strip with the Jasco, sand, CPES, and then put AT LEAST 5 coats of varnish over the CPES. Seven coats would be even better, with a light sanding in between each coat.
Can you paint over Cpes?
CPES is an excellent adhesion-promoting primer for paint when the topcoat needs a primer, although most primers can be used.
What does Cpes stand for?
|CPES||College of Physical Education and Sports (Universidad de Manila; Philippines)|
|CPES||Center for Power Electronics Systems (Virginia Tech)|
|CPES||Crew Procedures Evaluation/Evaluator Simulator (NASA)|
|CPES||College of Physical and Engineering Science|