- 1 How much does it cost to epoxy 2 car garage?
- 2 Is it worth it to epoxy garage floor?
- 3 How much does epoxy garage floor cost DIY?
- 4 How long do epoxy garage floors last?
- 5 What is the best garage floor coating?
- 6 Can I Epoxy my garage floor myself?
- 7 What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
- 8 Should I paint or epoxy My garage floor?
- 9 Does epoxy garage floor increase home value?
- 10 Is it hard to epoxy garage floor?
- 11 How much will a gallon of epoxy cover?
- 12 How much does a gallon of epoxy cost?
- 13 How do you maintain an epoxy garage floor?
- 14 What is the benefit of epoxy garage floor?
How much does it cost to epoxy 2 car garage?
Epoxy Garage Floor Cost An epoxy based concrete coating for a 2 – car garage floor will cost between $1,320 and $3,080 with most homeowners spending about $1,711 when professionally applied. The price to coat an existing concrete floor is ranges from $3 to $7 per square foot including labor and materials.
Is it worth it to epoxy garage floor?
Is It Worth It To Epoxy Your Garage Floor? Epoxy is durable, easy to clean, and protects the concrete substrate of your garage floor. It is also a highly affordable flooring solution. If you are looking to renovate and protect your garage floor, epoxy is worth it.
How much does epoxy garage floor cost DIY?
The cost of a diy epoxy garage floor is about 60 cents to $2.85 per square foot based on materials used and number of coats applied. The materials are often sold in kits that include epoxy, a clear coat and decorative flakes. Concrete must be acid etched for epoxy adhesion.
How long do epoxy garage floors last?
Epoxy floors are easy to clean and durable; epoxy can last 5 to 10 years in a residential garage. “ Epoxy flooring protects the concrete from salts and some solvents,” says Jim Muzzillo Jr., one of the owners of Northwest Floor Care in Elk Grove Village, Ill.
What is the best garage floor coating?
Here are our top recommendations.
- Best Paint Kit: Rust-Oleum RockSolid Polycuramine Garage Floor Kit.
- Best Value: KILZ One-Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior Concrete and Garage Floor Paint.
- Best Epoxy Kit: Colored Epoxies 1002 Clear Epoxy Resin Coating.
- Best Concrete Sealer: Siloxa-Tek Penetrating Concrete Sealer.
Can I Epoxy my garage floor myself?
Epoxy garage floors are a great DIY project you can do to spruce up your home. Epoxy will make your floors look nice, clean up easily, and give your garage a finished look. You must spend the time to properly clean and prep your garage. If you do, the end results will be fantastic.
What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Strong toxic fumes.
- Epoxy takes long to harden completely.
- Temporary flooring solution.
- Cracks and Chips on high impact areas.
- Very Slippery when Wet.
- Tedious installation process.
- Complex Removal Procedure.
- Costly Maintenance.
Should I paint or epoxy My garage floor?
If you’re going to go with garage floor paint over other types of coatings, the clear winner is epoxy garage floor paint over latex acrylic. For not much more than about $10 per gallon, you get much longer and stronger durability.
Does epoxy garage floor increase home value?
Garage Flooring Can Increase Your Homes Value More Than Any Other Flooring. Adding professionally applied epoxy garage flooring is a good example of a top home improvement that is cost-effective. It will add to the beauty of your garage, but also to the value of your home.
Is it hard to epoxy garage floor?
Garage floor epoxy flooring is a tough, long-lasting coating that you paint onto the concrete. However, the reality of this challenging project is, one, not all concrete floors will hold epoxy floor coatings, and two, preparing concrete for epoxy floor coatings can be labor intensive and tedious.
How much will a gallon of epoxy cover?
How much will a gallon of floor coating cover? Based on a perfectly flat surface, 1 gallon of 100% solids epoxy floor coating will cover 1600 sq. ft. at 1 mil thick.
How much does a gallon of epoxy cost?
The water-based epoxy costs begin around $30-$50 per gallon, while 100% solid or solvent-based epoxy costs $45 to $150 per gallon. Additionally, thicker coatings can require additional gallons of epoxy compared to thinner paint for the same square footage.
How do you maintain an epoxy garage floor?
The best way to clean up a dirty epoxy floor is as follows: Sweep and vacuum the entire area carefully. Remove all items in the way to get to the floor. Once you have removed all the surface dirt, grime, and grit, use a hard foam mop and warm/hot water to get rid of all the built-up dirt.
What is the benefit of epoxy garage floor?
Extremely robust and durable – Epoxy garage floors are exceptionally resilient and durable, so they can withstand heavy equipment and machinery and high traffic. The epoxy coating is also very tough against impacts, stains, cracks, chemicals and surface abrasions.