- 1 Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
- 2 What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
- 3 Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
- 4 What can be used instead of epoxy?
- 5 What is a good sealer for glitter?
- 6 What is the best epoxy to use for tumblers?
- 7 Does Hairspray seal glitter on glass?
- 8 What glue do you use for glitter glasses?
- 9 How do you make Glitter cups with epoxy?
- 10 How long do you let glitter dry before epoxy?
- 11 Does Modge Podge dry clear on glitter?
Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
Make sure to remove the tape before the Mod Podge dries! There you have it! A way to make a decorated Yeti cup or Ozark tumbler without having to use epoxy. As you can see from the pictures, it’s not as smooth as epoxy but it still works and actually has a nice texture to it!
What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
Are There Any Alternatives to Epoxy if You Want to Make Tumblers?
- Crystalac (a water-based polyeurethane)
- Clear Diamond Finish (a clear urethane)
- 2K Clear Glamour Clear Coat (a spray urethane)
Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
It works as a sealant to your projects, you can gluwork your project with some classic mod podge and then use the Super Gloss over the top. So it gives you a very shiny, clear finish that looks like epoxy.
What can be used instead of epoxy?
Usually, hard plaster or concrete can be used as casting materials instead of epoxy resin.
What is a good sealer for glitter?
If you are going to seal the glitter, use a very clear and glossy spray like Krylon Triple Thick Glaze, or a crystal clear liquid like Envirotex Lite. Both of these sealers will protect your glitter indoors and outdoors.
What is the best epoxy to use for tumblers?
This are the Best Epoxy Resins for Tumblers
- High Quality Epoxy Resin: Pro Marine ProArt Resin.
- Review: Art N Glow Casting Resin.
- Recommendable Epoxy Resin: Envirotex Lite.
- Metal Tumblers.
- Plastic Tumblers.
- Glass & Ceramic Tumblers.
- Preparation is Key.
- Mixing and applying the Epoxy to your Tumbler.
Does Hairspray seal glitter on glass?
Hairspray is a fantastic option for sealing glitter on fabric! To seal the glass with more glue, use your large paintbrush to paint on another layer of glue over the glitter. Then, let the glass dry for at least an hour.
What glue do you use for glitter glasses?
Glue: Mod-podge gloss glue works the best for this, however 3 parts of PVA glue mixed with 1 part water also works. There are many varieties of the mod-podge glue, including a dishwasher safe version, so it might be worth doing your research to see which works best for you.
How do you make Glitter cups with epoxy?
- Wash tumbler.
- Apply tape to top (and bottom – optional).
- Spray paint the tumbler if needed. Let dry.
- Apply a layer of mod podge with long even strokes.
- Dump glitter all over while you are turning the tumbler so the mod podge is all covered.
- Remove tape.
- Let dry fully (over night).
- Time to epoxy.
How long do you let glitter dry before epoxy?
Let the final layer of glitter dry for 2-3 hours. Optional: You may apply a spray-on sealer at this point. Follow your can’s directions. Begin by mixing your epoxy resin, following the box’s instructions.
Does Modge Podge dry clear on glitter?
Mod Podge does dry clear, allowing you to fully see any paper or material you have mod podged onto. The Mod Podge matte product will dry clear with a matte finish, meaning it is not shiny. The Mod Podge Gloss, however, will add a layer of sheen to your project.