- 1 What is needed to make epoxy cups?
- 2 What can you use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
- 3 What epoxy do you use for cups?
- 4 How much does epoxy cost for tumblers?
- 5 Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
- 6 What can I use in place of epoxy?
- 7 Can you seal tumblers without epoxy?
- 8 What causes fish eyes in epoxy?
- 9 Is epoxy and resin the same thing?
- 10 What epoxy is food safe?
- 11 Can you epoxy plastic cups?
- 12 How do you get bubbles out of epoxy?
- 13 What is the best epoxy resin for tumblers?
- 14 Can you epoxy over stickers?
What is needed to make epoxy cups?
Supplies for Making Glitter Tumblers with Epoxy
- Stainless Steel Tumbler ( I used a 20oz)
- Spray Paint.
- Painters Tape.
- Mod Podge.
- Silicone Brushes.
- Fine Glitter.
- Clear Coat Spray.
- Epoxy (Both A and B parts)
What can you use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
Are There Any Alternatives to Epoxy if You Want to Make Tumblers?
- Crystalac (a water-based polyeurethane)
- Clear Diamond Finish (a clear urethane)
- 2K Clear Glamour Clear Coat (a spray urethane)
What epoxy do you use for cups?
STONE COAT Art Coat Resin For a professional touch to your creative project, Art Coat serves as one of the best crystal clear resins to epoxy tumblers. The 2-part kit with an easy to use 1:1 mixing ratio makes the topcoat easy to prepare that cures within 72 hours.
How much does epoxy cost for tumblers?
Second, you will want to add an mL of resin for every ounce of the tumbler (for example, mix 20 ml for a 20 oz tumbler and 30 ml for a 30 oz tumbler and so on) to ensure you have enough resin for your tumbler.
Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
It works as a sealant to your projects, you can gluwork your project with some classic mod podge and then use the Super Gloss over the top. So it gives you a very shiny, clear finish that looks like epoxy.
What can I use in place of epoxy?
Hard plaster or concrete can be good casting materials, and they’re cheaper than Milliput, Fimo or any resins. Definitely a good low cost material choice for larger pieces.
Can you seal tumblers without epoxy?
Make sure to remove the tape before the Mod Podge dries! There you have it! A way to make a decorated Yeti cup or Ozark tumbler without having to use epoxy. As you can see from the pictures, it’s not as smooth as epoxy but it still works and actually has a nice texture to it!
What causes fish eyes in epoxy?
Substrate contamination is the most common problem that causes fish eyes and pin holes in epoxy seal coats. Dust, dirt, wax, silicones, even the oil from your fingers when touching the part prior to sealing with epoxy will deter epoxy resins from laying flat and curing with a perfectly smooth surface.
Is epoxy and resin the same thing?
Technically, there is no difference because epoxy is a resin. However, there are three different resins commonly deployed in DIY projects: epoxy resin, casting resin, and polyester resin, each with unique properties. Also important to note, epoxy resin and epoxy glue are different products.
What epoxy is food safe?
The MAX CLR A/B Epoxy Resin is an FDA Compliant coating system suitable for direct food contact. It is in accordance with CFR Title 21, Part 175.300, and 175.105 for direct and indirect food contact as a resinous adhesive or coatings. MAX CLR A/B is mixed 2:1 and provides 45 minutes of working time.
Can you epoxy plastic cups?
It is possible to put epoxy over plastic as long as it is not #5PP. Epoxy will not stick to this specific type of plastic. Plastic was not made to be smothered by a chemical, but it can be done. If you ‘re looking for a cheaper alternative try using acrylic tumblers.
How do you get bubbles out of epoxy?
Without question, the best way to get bubbles out of epoxy resin is with an Artist’s Torch. Whether you use a handheld butane torch or a bigger propane torch for larger projects, the flame from a torch is hot enough to thin out the resin, allowing bubbles to escape. It’s your best bet against bubbles every time!
What is the best epoxy resin for tumblers?
This are the Best Epoxy Resins for Tumblers
- High Quality Epoxy Resin: Pro Marine ProArt Resin.
- Review: Art N Glow Casting Resin.
- Recommendable Epoxy Resin: Envirotex Lite.
- Metal Tumblers.
- Plastic Tumblers.
- Glass & Ceramic Tumblers.
- Preparation is Key.
- Mixing and applying the Epoxy to your Tumbler.
Can you epoxy over stickers?
Yes, the epoxy works fine over stickers as long as you have some surface area exposed for the epoxy to grip to like wood. We also recommend You would want to apply a coat of Mod Podge over photos, stickers, and paper first before applying the epoxy.