- 1 Should I Epoxy my garage floor?
- 2 Can I Epoxy my garage floor myself?
- 3 How much does it cost to have someone epoxy garage floor?
- 4 What’s the best epoxy for garage floors?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of epoxy?
- 6 How much does it cost to epoxy a 2 car garage?
- 7 Is it hard to epoxy your garage floor?
- 8 How long does epoxy garage floor last?
- 9 What is the best DIY garage floor coating?
- 10 Does epoxy garage floor increase home value?
- 11 What is the benefit of epoxy garage floor?
- 12 How much does a gallon of epoxy cost?
- 13 What is the best color for garage floor?
- 14 How do I prep my garage floor for epoxy?
Should I Epoxy my garage floor?
Why Epoxy is a Premier Garage Floor Coating. One of the toughest and most durable finishes that you can apply to a garage floor today is an epoxy coating. Not only does it protect your garage floor, it can instantly transform your boring or ugly cement into a professional looking floor of beauty and function.
Can I Epoxy my garage floor myself?
Epoxy garage floors are a great DIY project you can do to spruce up your home. Epoxy will make your floors look nice, clean up easily, and give your garage a finished look. You must spend the time to properly clean and prep your garage. If you do, the end results will be fantastic.
How much does it cost to have someone epoxy garage floor?
Epoxy is one of the more affordable options for places like residential garages. On average, you can expect to pay about $3 to $7 per square foot. As with any project, the overall cost is going to depend on the size of the area that you need to cover.
What’s the best epoxy for garage floors?
Read on to learn more about these two types, and find out why the following products are among the best you can buy.
- BEST OVERALL: Rust-Oleum Rocksolid Garage Floor Coating.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: KILZ 1-Part Epoxy Acrylic Garage Floor Paint Satin.
- BEST EPOXY KIT: Rust-Oleum EPOXYSHIELD Garage Floor Coating Kit.
What are the disadvantages of epoxy?
10 Disadvantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Strong toxic fumes.
- Epoxy takes long to harden completely.
- Temporary flooring solution.
- Cracks and Chips on high impact areas.
- Very Slippery when Wet.
- Tedious installation process.
- Complex Removal Procedure.
- Costly Maintenance.
How much does it cost to epoxy a 2 car garage?
Epoxy Garage Floor Cost An epoxy based concrete coating for a 2 – car garage floor will cost between $1,320 and $3,080 with most homeowners spending about $1,711 when professionally applied. The price to coat an existing concrete floor is ranges from $3 to $7 per square foot including labor and materials.
Is it hard to epoxy your garage floor?
Garage floor epoxy flooring is a tough, long-lasting coating that you paint onto the concrete. However, the reality of this challenging project is, one, not all concrete floors will hold epoxy floor coatings, and two, preparing concrete for epoxy floor coatings can be labor intensive and tedious.
How long does epoxy garage floor last?
Epoxy floors are easy to clean and durable; epoxy can last 5 to 10 years in a residential garage.
What is the best DIY garage floor coating?
Here are our top recommendations.
- Best Paint Kit: Rust-Oleum RockSolid Polycuramine Garage Floor Kit.
- Best Value: KILZ One-Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior Concrete and Garage Floor Paint.
- Best Epoxy Kit: Colored Epoxies 1002 Clear Epoxy Resin Coating.
- Best Concrete Sealer: Siloxa-Tek Penetrating Concrete Sealer.
Does epoxy garage floor increase home value?
Garage Flooring Can Increase Your Homes Value More Than Any Other Flooring. Adding professionally applied epoxy garage flooring is a good example of a top home improvement that is cost-effective. It will add to the beauty of your garage, but also to the value of your home.
What is the benefit of epoxy garage floor?
Extremely robust and durable – Epoxy garage floors are exceptionally resilient and durable, so they can withstand heavy equipment and machinery and high traffic. The epoxy coating is also very tough against impacts, stains, cracks, chemicals and surface abrasions.
How much does a gallon of epoxy cost?
The water-based epoxy costs begin around $30-$50 per gallon, while 100% solid or solvent-based epoxy costs $45 to $150 per gallon. Additionally, thicker coatings can require additional gallons of epoxy compared to thinner paint for the same square footage.
What is the best color for garage floor?
Neutral colors like grey, beige, or tan will be easier to clean and maintain than a white shade and give you more design flexibility, too. To make the garage feel more relaxing, soothing tones such as blue, green, and grey can be used as one of your primary colors.
How do I prep my garage floor for epoxy?
- Clean and Degrease the Floor. Use a broom and wet-dry vacuum to clean debris from the floor.
- Etch the Concrete. Etch the concrete floor using the etching solution provided in the epoxy coating kit, following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Prepare the Room.
- Mix the Epoxy.
- Apply the Epoxy.
- Let the Garage Floor Dry.