- 1 Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
- 2 What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
- 3 How do you seal glitter on glass without epoxy?
- 4 Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
- 5 Can you use spray epoxy on glitter tumbler?
- 6 How do you make glitter tumblers with epoxy?
- 7 What epoxy is best for tumblers?
- 8 What is the best epoxy to use for tumblers?
- 9 What can I use in place of epoxy?
- 10 Can I use hairspray to seal glitter on glass?
- 11 What can I seal glitter with?
- 12 How long do you let glitter dry before epoxy?
- 13 Does Modge Podge dry clear on glitter?
- 14 How long does it take for epoxy to dry on a tumbler?
Can you make glitter tumblers without epoxy?
Make sure to remove the tape before the Mod Podge dries! There you have it! A way to make a decorated Yeti cup or Ozark tumbler without having to use epoxy. As you can see from the pictures, it’s not as smooth as epoxy but it still works and actually has a nice texture to it!
What can I use instead of epoxy for tumblers?
Are There Any Alternatives to Epoxy if You Want to Make Tumblers?
- Crystalac (a water-based polyeurethane)
- Clear Diamond Finish (a clear urethane)
- 2K Clear Glamour Clear Coat (a spray urethane)
How do you seal glitter on glass without epoxy?
How to Seal Glitter with Mod Podge
- Before you begin, tap off any excess glitter.
- Apply a coat of decoupage medium to the project with a foam brush.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat of decoupage medium to the project.
- Wait 24 hours, and your glitter is sealed!
Can you use Mod Podge instead of epoxy?
It works as a sealant to your projects, you can gluwork your project with some classic mod podge and then use the Super Gloss over the top. So it gives you a very shiny, clear finish that looks like epoxy.
Can you use spray epoxy on glitter tumbler?
To apply the glitter, you need an adhesive. Some folks like Mod Podge, others like spray adhesive. And, of course, you need the epoxy resin to seal your glitter tumblers. This is what will keep your glitter contained and protected on your tumbler!
How do you make glitter tumblers with epoxy?
- Wash tumbler.
- Apply tape to top (and bottom – optional).
- Spray paint the tumbler if needed. Let dry.
- Apply a layer of mod podge with long even strokes.
- Dump glitter all over while you are turning the tumbler so the mod podge is all covered.
- Remove tape.
- Let dry fully (over night).
- Time to epoxy.
What epoxy is best for tumblers?
This are the Best Epoxy Resins for Tumblers
- High Quality Epoxy Resin: Pro Marine ProArt Resin.
- Review: Art N Glow Casting Resin.
- Recommendable Epoxy Resin: Envirotex Lite.
- Metal Tumblers.
- Plastic Tumblers.
- Glass & Ceramic Tumblers.
- Preparation is Key.
- Mixing and applying the Epoxy to your Tumbler.
What is the best epoxy to use for tumblers?
STONE COAT Art Coat Resin For a professional touch to your creative project, Art Coat serves as one of the best crystal clear resins to epoxy tumblers. The 2-part kit with an easy to use 1:1 mixing ratio makes the topcoat easy to prepare that cures within 72 hours.
What can I use in place of epoxy?
Hard plaster or concrete can be good casting materials, and they’re cheaper than Milliput, Fimo or any resins. Definitely a good low cost material choice for larger pieces.
Can I use hairspray to seal glitter on glass?
Hairspray is a fantastic option for sealing glitter on fabric! To seal the glass with more glue, use your large paintbrush to paint on another layer of glue over the glitter. Then, let the glass dry for at least an hour.
What can I seal glitter with?
Mod podge is considered one of the most effective ways of sealing glitter onto any surface. You must stick glitter onto your project using mod podge. You can also do a second layer to seal the glittered surface. Use mod podge with a gloss finish to achieve a shiny and durable finish.
How long do you let glitter dry before epoxy?
Let the final layer of glitter dry for 2-3 hours. Optional: You may apply a spray-on sealer at this point. Follow your can’s directions. Begin by mixing your epoxy resin, following the box’s instructions.
Does Modge Podge dry clear on glitter?
Mod Podge does dry clear, allowing you to fully see any paper or material you have mod podged onto. The Mod Podge matte product will dry clear with a matte finish, meaning it is not shiny. The Mod Podge Gloss, however, will add a layer of sheen to your project.
How long does it take for epoxy to dry on a tumbler?
Usually, it takes around 72 hours to fully cure the epoxy. Whatever the dry time, the resin should be allowed to fully cure before attempting to move or sand it.