- 1 What do I need for an epoxy River table?
- 2 What is the best resin to use for a river table?
- 3 How many gallons of epoxy do I need for a river table?
- 4 What kind of epoxy should I use for a table top?
- 5 How much does an epoxy River table cost?
- 6 How much epoxy do I need for a table top?
- 7 What is the difference between epoxy and resin?
- 8 How do you epoxy a resin on a river table?
- 9 How much does it cost to make a resin table?
- 10 How do I calculate how much epoxy I need?
- 11 Why is epoxy so expensive?
- 12 How thick should an epoxy table be?
- 13 Does epoxy scratch easily?
- 14 What do you seal wood with before epoxy?
What do I need for an epoxy River table?
Step 1: What You’ll Need: Preparation and Materials
- GlassCast® 50 clear epoxy resin.
- Wood – English Yew – with a waney edge.
- Translucent Tinting Pigments- we used blue.
- Tape – flash/release and double-sided.
- Polypropylene Sheet.
- Polishing Compound and Oil (or similar)
- Tools – various.
What is the best resin to use for a river table?
River Set and Timber Set epoxy resins are the perfect combination of products to use for river table projects. River Set is a deep pour epoxy resin that allows you to pour up to five centimeters deep in a single pour with a water clear finish.
How many gallons of epoxy do I need for a river table?
First you measure the Length of your wood table in inches, X (multiply) by the average width of the wood “voids” in inches, and then, X (multiply) by the rough thickness in inches. (1.5 gallons of epoxy will fill about 2.4 BF of space.)
What kind of epoxy should I use for a table top?
Best Epoxy Resin for Casting the Tabletop
- Best Value for Money: INCREDIBLE SOLUTIONS Pourable Plastic Clear Casting Resin.
- Best Product Overall: STONE COAT Super Cast Resin Kit.
- Best Product Overall: INCREDIBLE SOLUTIONS Table Top Epoxy Resin.
- Best Value for Money: STONE COAT COUNTERTOPS Epoxy Kit.
- Resin Tabletop Polishing.
How much does an epoxy River table cost?
Small river tables range from $800 – $4,000, and larger river tables range from $1,800 – $6,500. Typical prices for epoxy tables start at $1,900. Prices for live edge river dining tables start at $4,200+. Typical epoxy resin river conference room table prices start at $4,500+.
How much epoxy do I need for a table top?
Most common table top and bar top epoxies provide approximately 12 sq feet per mixed gallon coverage at 1/8″ thickness.
What is the difference between epoxy and resin?
The most obvious difference between the two is the intended use. Epoxy resins are meant for coating applications whereas casting resins are meant for casting applications such as molds, figurines, & jewelry.
How do you epoxy a resin on a river table?
Create your own Epoxy River Table – step-by-step instructions
- Step 1: Removing the bark and sanding the wood.
- Step 2: Fill in bumps and cracks and seal the wood.
- Step 3: Build a mould / formwork for the table top.
- Step 4: Inserting the wood into the mould.
- Step 5: Mix epoxy resin.
How much does it cost to make a resin table?
How much does it actually cost to make your own epoxy river table? Well, depending on the size of the table, it can run you anywhere from $50 all the way to $2000. Most coffee or end tables will cost within the $50-$200 range, a desk will be roughly $200-$500, while most dining tables are going to be $500+.
How do I calculate how much epoxy I need?
The calculation for determining the amount of epoxy you need is a simple volume calculation. You simply multiple the length of the pour by the depth of the pour by the average width of the pour and then convert to liters.
Why is epoxy so expensive?
Epoxy resins are more expensive to produce than other types of resins. This is because the raw materials required for manufacture cost a lot more than other low-end resins and the process of the production is complicated with a low tolerance for errors.
How thick should an epoxy table be?
You can build a epoxy resin river table as thin as 3/4” for a coffee table, but CVCF designers recommend at least 1 1/2″ for dining tables, with 1 3/4″ being ideal for tables that seat 10 to 12 people.
Does epoxy scratch easily?
An epoxy coating will last longer than pretty much any other type of coating and epoxy coating by itself is scratch resistant due to the composition of its ingredients. In fact, you will find that epoxy flooring is not only resistant to scratches but it is extremely durable.
What do you seal wood with before epoxy?
Start with a primer and then add two coats of acrylic paint to secure the epoxy resin and wood. Use a polyurethane caulk to finish the final layers.